Our Certified Hybrid and Electric Vehicle Technicians will make sure your EV is running strong for years to come! As with all vehicles, we follow the manufacturer’s specification to ensure your warranty remains valid.
Hybrid and Electric Vehicle Services We Offer:
- Brake service
- Module programming/software updates
- High voltage cooling system maintenance
- HVAC system maintenance (Air conditioning and Heating), including new low VOC R1234yf refrigerant
- Suspension service
- Tire sales and installation
- High voltage system diagnostics and repair
Electric Vehicle Maintenance
Similar to newer Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) vehicles, electric vehicles (EVs) have a maintenance schedule to ensure all systems are operating safely and properly.
What maintenance is required on EV’s?
- Cooling system
- 12 Volt batteries
- Suspension system
- Hydraulic brake system
- Electric vehicles have regenerative braking systems, which recharge the battery when you brake. Brakes on EVs tend to prematurely rust due to being used less frequently than traditional internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles.
- AC system
- Tires wear faster on EVs due to the high torque from the electric motor. Proper tire selection and maintaining alignment angles within specification is critical.
- Select tires with “low rolling resistance” to maintain your range, and regularly rotate for optimal wear life.
What maintenance is required on Hybrids?
- Hybrids have both internal combustion engine (ICE) technology and electric vehicle (EV) technology — all wrapped up in one! There are many benefits to hybrids, but having both systems means maintaining both systems. Hybrids have high voltage systems and engine systems, both of which require maintenance.
- The High voltage system requires battery and inverter cooling system maintenance and periodic high voltage battery system inspection.
- Brakes on hybrids are prone to premature rust, so regular inspections and services are recommended.
We are installation partners with XL Fleet. We can convert your vehicle to Hybrid or Plug-In Hybrid to improve your fuel economy by up to 50% and reduce emissions by up to 33%. These conversions are particularly advantageous for fleets looking to reduce costs while hitting sustainability targets. To see the list of vehicles that we can convert, visit XLFleet.
We can convert your existing Zamboni to electric! Reduce annual operating costs by up to 93% by converting an existing ice resurfacer to electric.
- Converting an existing Zamboni to electric will save the Town/City money
- For example, an electric Zamboni can save the arena $30,000 to $40,000, beyond the cost of conversion, over a 10 year lifecycle.
- An electric Zamboni is safer, improving air quality inside the arena.
- Converting an existing Zamboni to electric allows the vehicle’s lifespan to be extended.
Upcoming EV Events In Our Region
Check back for more electrifying events, coming soon!